Supporting your independence with dignity and compassion
Personal care is available for any daily living tasks you might need assistance with, including showering, shaving, bathing, dressing toileting and applying creams.
We believe in the importance of a continuous service and the same familiar faces, especially when it comes to personal care. Flourish believe that when it comes to you or your loved one's personal care, a highly experienced and empathetic team of support workers can dramatically improve quality of life.
What is personal care?
Personal care refers to the support of personal and private hygiene and toileting, along with dressing and maintaining your personal appearance.
Personal care may include:
- Bathing and showering, including bed-baths
- Applying lotions and creams as required
- Dressing and getting ready for bed
- Oral hygiene
- Applying make-up, and hair care
- Support with shaving
- Helping you to the toilet, including using a commode or bed pan
- Changing continence pads, along with cleaning intimate areas
- Support moving position in bed, to stretch and prevent bed sores
- Changing or maintaining a stoma or catheter bag, or other form of clinical intervention
In getting to know you as a person, your care plan will outline your likes and dislikes, the hygiene or beauty products you want to use and what – and who – you feel most comfortable with. Particular tasks, such as cutting nails, shaving and diabetic foot care, will always be outlined in your support plan with specific instructions for your carer.
Each carer is expertly trained to provide personal care in a way that is discreet and respectful of your personal boundaries. They undertake extensive training where they learn the importance of enabling your dignity and independence at all times.
Even though carers are trained to provide all aspects of personal care, there may be some things you’d prefer to do for yourself. A good carer will always give you space when you want it and encourage your independence wherever they can. Get in touch and see how we can help you with your personal care needs!
© Copyright Flourish Support Services